Who is On Your Team?
This video is for anyone who considers themselves independent and/or has their own business.
Whether you see independence as empowering or something thrust upon you, you are missing something!
We all rely on others for our survival and to thrive in life and in business. We are part of a web of teams with different roles and contributions.
Once we see we are all inter-dependent, the questions become about handling those dependencies. Here are 5 suggestions....
1. Recognise none of those team members, relationships or anything external to you can make you feel anything. Your wellbeing and happiness are internal to you
2. Appreciate the different contributions your team members make. Express that gratitude and communicate regularly to keep everyone on board.
3. Have clear agreements. Ensure everyone on your team knows the part they play. Making assumptions stores up problems for the future.
4. Ask for people to join your team. Ask for the help/business/deal you want. Maybe making that contribution to your team is good for them too.
5. Recognise change is constant. Your team will evolve and change shape. Keep flexible in your thinking and creativity.
I'd love to hear your views in the comments section below and, if you would like to discuss how any of these ideas relate to you, do get in touch.