The January Thud, Have You Had Yours Yet?
Whilst riding on a holiday high, you set dramatic goals, virtuous resolutions and set off on a strict regime, but a week or so after going back to school/work/life, it hits you with a thud that...
- you'll never be able to stick to this
- you're becoming really miserable- and the pain is self-inflicted
- this new year isn't the magic solution you imagined it would be
- you're not really sure you want all those things you are working so hard for
- if you stop now you'll have failed and all you've been through will be for nothing
So do you give up or push yourself even harder?
This is the time to take a step back and consider what you really want and who you really are.
When what you really want relates to both your unique passions and the potential you have to make a positive impact on the world, you are inspired and don't need to work so hard to take action.
When how you go about achieving what you want engages your creativity and makes the most of the opportunities and resources you have available taking action becomes more enjoyable and less of a struggle.
And in considering who you really are, you get clear on what is important to you and put your fears and concerns into perspective so they are powerless to hold you back.
This is the gift of The Thud (or the January blues if you prefer) an invitation to get really clear on your true priorities for the year ahead and to move forward in ways that are in tune with who you really are.
More inspiration, more joy and more impact.